APPLICATIONS ENGINEER FIB/SEM
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of more than $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
- The Applications engineer works at the intersection of the development, sales support and the scientific community.
- This person will continually collaborate with both our Applications, Systems and Software groups to ensure system requirements are well understood, developed, integrated and thoroughly tested.
- Due to the extensive integration of hardware and software in all company products the successful Application Specialist will develop a detailed in-depth understanding of the application of our tools and the implications of using and testing software when complex hardware interactions are at stake.
- The Applications engineer will also provide customer and market feedback to Product Marketing and Program Execution Managers; will participate in defining the needs for new applications development.
- This person may also conduct customer demonstrations and jobs (e.g. for concept-proof of new applications), an in technical discussions and cooperate on specialized training with the customers.
- The function is based in Brno, the Czech Republic.
We are looking for an engineer/scientist with a background in electron microscopy and/or focused ion beams; experience as an operator/user of an SEM/FIB system.
- The position is appropriate for an excellent graduate or a candidate with 3-7 years of experience.
- MSc or, in Materials Science, Physics, Engineering or Biology
- Ability to work independently as well as in the team
- Demonstrated experience of using a software in complex products with extensive hardware interactions
- Knowledge of advanced technology and diagnostics as well as operational optimization experience of analytical equipment; specifically electron/ion microscopes and various energy dispersive spectrometers nor other analytical techniques.
- Knowledge of programming would be an advantage
- Strong communicative skills (both verbal and written)
- Result oriented, ability to work under pressure
- Ability to write (scientific) papers and other publications
- Ability to travel both domestically as well as internationally and possession of a valid passport (25%)
- Language skills (English), willing to learn Czech.
- Opportunity to be part of a successful international company specialized in HI TECH
- Interesting compensation package and an extensive package of benefits (insurance, multisport card, relax room, sports and company events)
- Training and development support (language, professional hard/soft skills training)
- Modern work environment
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Vlastimila Pecha , Brno 627 00
+420 730 192 092
For more information follow the link.