Component Engineer I
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Cost reduction of electronic products through the identification and qualification of alternative sources of passive and active electronic components or through the circuit redesign.
- Participate in Cost reduction ideas generation
- Perform or support feasibility review of new ideas assigned
- Total cost model preparation and approval – collecting project data such as cost of engineering services, capital investment, other services, projects length, etc. and define the Return on Investment.
- Redesign electronic circuits in order to reduce the product cost
- Test Plan preparation – Prepare the specific Test plan for the project to make sure the alternative component will satisfy all requirements and final product performance meets the specification
- Component and Product level Qualification – Perform all required testing in the laboratory, complete test report, get approval from Client
Detailed job scope:
- This is continuous project that focuses on cost reduction of existing mass volume products across all Honeywell HBT portfolio. As the examples of the products can be mentioned electronic thermostats, building controllers, control panels, fire detectors etc. The responsibility of hired engineer is identify product cost savings opportunities through vendor change of used electronic components as well as through circuit design changes. Lead projects that implement these changes, cooperate with the design teams and ISC (integrated supply chain), prepare test plan, perform tests of the component and final product in the laboratory, prepare test report – all that to make sure the product after cost reduction change works as per specification and with unchanged quality. Implement the change in the mass production factory. Be prepared for multitasking. Good communication and negotiation skills are required on daily base in connection with enablers involved in these projects – Design teams, ISC, Manufacturing site, Suppliers.
- Master’s/Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering
- Essential deep knowledge of electronic components, their parameters and characteristics, knowledge of electronic circuits and subsystems, experience with conditional qualification testing
- CAD tools, UL/CSA/CE standards, statistical methods and tools, MS Office
- Very good written and spoken English, very good communication and negotiation skills, work in the international team, ability of multitasking
- Dynamic and creative international work environment
- Further career opportunities.
- Expert leaders to support your professional development
- Chance to define your career with global company.
- Daily use of foreign languages.
If you believe this is the right path for you, then we’d love to hear from you. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce culture.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your CV in English to UniversityBrno@Honeywell.com
Don’t forget to add the e-mail subject: Component Engineer I