Jr. SW Engineer I (SCADA) – Part-time
We are currently looking for a new part-time colleague for Jr. Software Engineer role for our HONEYWELL INTELLIGRATED PROJECT team in Brno.
Honeywell Intelligrated is a leading, single-source provider of automated material handling solutions and intelligent software that drive fulfillment efficiency for retailers, manufacturers and logistics providers around the world. Through a broad portfolio of automation equipment, warehouse execution system software, services and support, our solutions give businesses a driven edge in increasingly sophisticated commerce and fulfillment environments.
HOW YOUR FUTURE ROLE WILL LOOK LIKE?
As a Software Engineer for Intelligrated project you will be a part of our growing team! This is an exciting opportunity to join our broader Project Software Engineering team based at our company headquarters in Mason, Ohio as well.
The Software Engineer assumes a high-profile role in participating to the architecture, design, development, test, and integration of application software. The SCADA Engineer will be responsible for the design and deployment of HMIs and backend data handling for manufacturing equipment and production metrics. The primary objectives of the SCADA Engineer will be to help and participate in the SCADA development by implementing best practices and applying industry standards. In this position you will perform a variety of product engineering work to support the life cycle of material handling units and equipment.
Finally, you will get the chance to gain knowledge of what we do and become full member of our team who after studies can further develop his career in our company.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide software engineering expertise and design skills on assigned conveyor system projects, including controls equipment, components or systems.
- Be responsible for the timely execution, as well as the technical quality and functionality of the software design and implementation of assigned systems and subsystems by following technical specifications and design guidelines.
- Work under an experienced software engineer on project related tasks that may include researching, designing, writing, troubleshooting, and testing software programs; and create technical specifications and test plans.
- Creating SCADA applications (Supervisory control and data acquisition) and development tools.
- Support onsite commissioning
- Collaborate with engineering teams: PLC, Electrical and Mechanical
- Able to apply the latest software design and development tools and techniques as required.
- Software engineering background – ideally in 4th/5th year of study at university.
- Strong background in .NET/C#, or C++/C/Java or similar.
- Strong Objected Oriented Analysis and Design skills.
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language like PowerShell or Python
- Basics of relational database and SQL language.
- Familiarity with modern software architecture and design patterns
- Advanced English skills (B2 level or higher)
- Availability for part-time contract
- Understanding various software development lifecycle
- Demonstrate the ability to develop efficient and high quality software
- Knowledge of software configuration management and change management practices
- Diverse and global teaming and collaboration
- Effective communicator
- Experience in web and cloud technology, familiarity with Azure
- Knowledge of PLC control and Ladder programming language
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and able to work with little supervision, consistently taking the initiative to get things done
- Capability to update or modify working methods in your role by following defined procedures
- Interest and skill to collaborate with other engineering teams
- Ability to consistently make timely decisions even in the face of complexity
- Troubleshooting skills
- Part-time contract with possibility of prolongation/change to full-time
- Dynamic and creative international work environment
- Professional development plans including trainings and further career opportunities
- Daily use of foreign languages
- Experienced leaders to support your professional development
- Possibility to participate on big projects for number 1 customers all over the world
If you believe this is the right path for you, then we’d love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.