MANAGER ENGINEERING DATA MANAGEMENT
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best.
With revenues of more than $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Manager Engineering Data Management (EDM) leads the Engineering Data Management Group ,which includes the Obsolescence Component Management Group, within the Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Organization at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
The EDM group is responsible for Engineering Change Control activities supporting new product design and volume production all through the product end of life. This group collaborates closely with the PLM, Product Marketing, R&D, manufacturing, logistics, purchasing, quality, and Technical Service Support groups within Thermo Fisher Scientific to archive and maintain engineering data throughout the product lifecycle.
The OCM group is responsible specifically, but not only, for programs ensuring most efficient business management of electronics obsolescence preventing any manufacturing delays and to ensure that Internal customers are served in a good quality and timely manner. The OCM group is as well responsible to ensure that R&D is using components which will have availability throughout complete product life (incl. complete service period).
Key responsibilities :
- Leads and manages the Engineering Data Management group, which may include a team of engineers, designers, drafters and Component Managers.
- Ensures proper staffing of team to provide adequate levels of technical expertise for documentation screening and archiving, conducting engineering changes, and executing design change requests.
- Ensure that ECO process WIP, cycle time and other targets are being met for their respective product line. Monitor, control and deploy performance metrics accordingly.
- Guides team members’ professional development by goal setting, mentoring and providing challenges for further growth.
- Is responsible for management of ThermoFisher Engineering data reporting, optimization of Engineering processes and interfaces to other departments.
- Leads improvement projects towards operational excellence and quality, optimizing EDM related processes and linkage to other departments.
- Supports local and global Operations team in its strategy and deliverables.
- Creates and executes EDM department budget in line with ThermoFisher directions.
- Develops and implement the departmental policies (short & long term).
- Ensures that activities are carried out according to the principle of “Customer focus in all that we do”.
- Bachelor or University degree in a technical discipline, or a combination of education and experience that demonstrates the required skills.
- Typically requires 3-5 years management experience (people and/or projects) in a manufacturing, technical support or service management role in a high tech industry environment.
- Solid Track record in cross-site and cross-functional project management, data analysis and resource allocation.
- Ability to lead and develop technical teams.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and resolve issues that involve gaining cooperation of cross-functional, multi-cultural groups and sites without damaging relationships.
- Experience working in a high-tech industry and/or a manufacturing environment.
- Proven ability to develop people via mentoring and coaching.
- Proven ability to persuade, inspire and motivate others .
- Must have ability to obtain a valid passport and travel regionally and internationally as required (up to 25% of working time).
- Fluent in English and local language (verbal and in writing) .
- Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
How do we motivate you?
- Opportunity to be part of a successful international company specialized in HI TECH
- Interesting compensation package and an extensive package of benefits (insurance, multisport card, relax room, sports and company events)
- Training and development support (language, professional hard/soft skills training)
- Modern work environment
Contact: Maria Kmetyova