MANAGER ENGINEERING NPI
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best.
With revenues of more than $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The primary focus of the Supervisor Engineering NPI is to manage engineering group to provide factory and service requirements for new products, deliver all the designated deliverables according to PMP process and contribute to the product and process improvements after release. The position closely interfaces with various FEI functions to solve complex problems. The function also monitors and coaches team members’ professional and technical development.
– Supports local and global Operations team in its strategy and deliverables
– Ensures close cooperation with the other FEI sites for efficient cross-site cooperation
– Develops and cultivates close relationships within Operations Engineering and with R&D, PLM, TSS, Logistics, Sourcing, Manufacturing, Quality, and Application managers to adequately staff projects and resolve conflicts.
– Ensures that activities are carried out according to the principle of “Customer focus in all that we do”
– Executes all activities according to Sarbanes-Oxley directives, rules and procedures
– Adhere to work safety, fire safety, hygiene of work and other regulatory standards. Clean and maintain work area and consigned tools
– Leads the Operations Engineering NPI Group, which may include a team of engineers, technical specialists and interns.
– Ensures proper staffing of engineers to provide adequate levels of technical expertise for NPI and improvement projects, factory and field support.
– Guides team members’ professional development by goal setting and providing challenges for further growth.
– Ensures NPI group technical competences development (including education, training and collaboration).
– Ensures adequate knowledge of PMP process and Engineering deliverables within NPI group and leads NPI engineers to continuously improve group performance in PMP
– May coordinate and facilitate higher level factory or field escalations as needed by interacting with the appropriate functional groups to achieve resolution.
– Justifies and coordinates approval for capital equipment expenditures needed to set up test tooling in the factory and in the supply chain.
– Other duties as assigned.
– Willingness to work in high-tech international manufacturing environment
– University degree in technical discipline
– 4-5 years of experience in industry environment (manufacturing, service, development)
– 1-2 years of project or people management experience in industry environment
– Fluent communication in English (both written and spoken)
– Knowledge of cross-functional project management, data analysis, systematic problem solving and resource planning
– Stress-resistant, self-motivated and objectives driven
– Must have ability to obtain a valid passport and travel regionally and internationally as required (up to 25% of working time)
– Demonstrated experience with leading and developing technical teams
– Demonstrated ability to plan and resolve issues that involve gaining cooperation of multiple cross-functional departments and sites without damaging relationships.
– Ability to persuade, inspire and motivate others
– Working knowledge of project management, data analysis and resource planning
How do we motivate you?
- Opportunity to be part of a successful international company specialized in HI TECH
- Interesting compensation package and an extensive package of benefits (insurance, multisport card, relax room, sports and company events)
- Training and development support (language, professional hard/soft skills training)
- Modern work environment
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to
our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally
CONTACT: Aleksandra Adamczyk
Vlastimila Pecha , Brno 627 00