MANAGER ENGINEERING NPI
As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 20 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission – enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
The company & mission:
ThermoFisher is a leading supplier of Tools for Nanotech™ enabling research, development and manufacture of products at the Nanoscale. Our range of industry-leading focused ion and electron beam hardware and software products are delivered to four primary Nanotechnology markets: NanoElectronics, NanoResearch, NanoIndustry and NanoBiology. With R&D centers in North America and Europe, and Sales and Service operations in more than 40 countries around the world, ThermoFisher is bringing the Nanoscale within the grasp of leading researchers and manufacturers, helping to turn some of the biggest ideas of this century into reality. Supervisor Engineering NPI leads the New Products Introduction (NPI) Group within the Engineering Organization at FEI. The NPI group is responsible for smooth introduction of new products into the factory and field. This group collaborates closely with the PLM, Product Marketing, R&D, MFG, logistics, purchasing, quality and GTS within FEI to ensure development of sustainable products according to the latest quality standards.
The primary focus of the Supervisor Engineering NPI is to manage engineering group to provide factory and service requirements for new products, deliver all the designated deliverables according to PMP process and contribute to the product and process improvements after release. The position closely interfaces with various FEI functions to solve complex problems. The function also monitors and coaches team members’ professional and technical development.
- Willingness to work in high-tech international manufacturing environment
- University degree in technical discipline
- 4-5 years of experience in industry environment (manufacturing, service, development)
- 1-2 years of project or people management experience in industry environment
- Fluent communication in English (both written and spoken)
- Knowledge of cross-functional project management, data analysis, systematic problem solving and resource planning
- Stress-resistant, self-motivated and objectives driven
- Must have ability to obtain a valid passport and travel regionally and internationally as required (up to 25% of working time)
- Demonstrated experience with leading and developing technical teams
- Demonstrated ability to plan and resolve issues that involve gaining cooperation of multiple cross-functional departments and sites without damaging relationships.
- Ability to persuade, inspire and motivate others
- Working knowledge of project management, data analysis and resource planning
- Supports local and global Operations team in its strategy and deliverables
- Ensures close cooperation with the other FEI sites for efficient cross-site cooperation
- Develops and cultivates close relationships within Operations Engineering and with R&D, PLM, TSS, Logistics, Sourcing, Manufacturing, Quality, and Application managers to adequately staff projects and resolve conflicts.
- Ensures that activities are carried out according to the principle of “Customer focus in all that we do”
- Executes all activities according to Sarbanes-Oxley directives, rules and procedures
- Adhere to work safety, fire safety, hygiene of work and other regulatory standards. Clean and maintain work area and consigned tools
- Leads the Operations Engineering NPI Group, which may include a team of engineers, technical specialists and interns.
- Ensures proper staffing of engineers to provide adequate levels of technical expertise for NPI and improvement projects, factory and field support.
- Guides team members’ professional development by goal setting and providing challenges for further growth.
- Ensures NPI group technical competences development (including education, training and collaboration).
- Ensures adequate knowledge of PMP process and Engineering deliverables within NPI group and leads NPI engineers to continuously improve group performance in PMP
- May coordinate and facilitate higher level factory or field escalations as needed by interacting with the appropriate functional groups to achieve resolution.
- Justifies and coordinates approval for capital equipment expenditures needed to set up test tooling in the factory and in the supply chain.
- Other duties as assigned.
Vlastimila Pecha , Brno 627 00
For more information follow the link.