POSTDOC INTERNSHIP – APPLICATIONS DEVELOPMENT
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best.
With revenues of more than $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Preparation of high-quality cryoEM specimen represents the main remaining bottleneck in major workflow od cryoEM applications in life sciences and broad adoption of the cryoEM methodology in both academia and pharmaceutical industry. The internship will be focused on application development of new affinity-based carriers and methods for cryoEM sample preparation.
- Collaboration on application development of new affinity cryoEM grids.
- Preparation of cryoEM samples for high-resolution cryoEM imaging.
- Imaging and quantitative characterization of prepared cryoEM samples.
- Image analysis and 3D reconstruction of selected target proteins.
- Documentation of results in regular reports.
This 1-year position is ideal for a candidate with a PhD in technical or life sciences, who has experience with electron microscopy and data processing. The successful candidate should possess the following combination of education and experience:
- University degree in a relevant scientific field (Biochemistry, Biophysics, Engineering), PhD is preferred.
- Ability to work independently as well as in the team
- Proactive attitude and systematic approach to problem solving
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Experience with data processing and scripting
- Opportunity to be part of a successful international company specialized in HI TECH
- Interesting compensation package and an extensive package of benefits (insurance, multisport card, relax room, sports and company events)
- Training and development support (language, professional hard/soft skills training)
- Modern work environment
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to
our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally
Vlastimila Pecha , Brno 627 00
+420 730 192 092
For more information follow the link.