As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 20 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission – enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
The position reports to Manager, PPI Business System . The Process Improvement Engineer is responsible for the sustaining and continuous improvement of operations process, managing projects to improve process flexibility and efficiency, leads transfers of specific production lines.
- Improves and sustains Operations process by definition, execution, management of Practical Process Improvement (PPI) projects/programs. This also includes:
- Operations processes design and process maintenance in line with technology needs, industry/best practice standards
- Driving the manufacturing processes to lean principles
- Continuous cost reduction in the complete manufacturing and supply chain flow (including purchased parts)
- Cycle Time, inventory optimization projects
- Manages product quality/yield improvement projects
- Manages projects of transfer/resourcing/outsourcing of manufacturing process
- Manages and executes other complex cross functional, cross site projects addressing operations issues from inception to completion.
- Supports PPI BS roadmap:
- Searches for Improvement opportunities through data analysis and collaboration with operations teams
- Creates/Proposes/Drives approval of the improvement roadmap
- Is responsible for cost and labor planning and allocation in cooperation with company management
- As part of the improvement activities drives the teams for usage of Thermofishers’ PPI Business System – introduced RC identification, problem solving, risk/failure identification, project management and other quality and/or lean methodologies
- Provides trainings necessary to improvement execution
- Engages with design engineering early in the Product Management Process (PMP) for New Product Introductions (NPI). This includes analysis, investigation and response to manufacturing process design. Ensures new designs can go into production as quickly as possible and in line with our process management strategy
- Following the effective documents IMS, EMS and managing documentations
- Documents/archives/reports results of work according to company rules
- Communicates effectively to cross-functional teams in Product Development, Service, Manufacturing, Sourcing, Logistics and other FEI departments WW
- Follow Sarbans-Oxley directives, rules and procedures
- Maintains a clean work area and tools consigned
- Adheres to work safety, fire safety and hygiene of work
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- Msc or PhD level in engineering such as Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or other relevant degree
- Demonstrated strong leadership and ability to manage complex projects from inception to completion
- 3 years’ experience with project management in high tech manufacturing or Research and Development
- This position requires basic knowledge of physics (e.g., electron or ion beam technologies), high-vacuum design principles and clean room practices
- Must demonstrate technical knowledge in the scope of candidates technical background and very good overview and understanding of other areas related to Thermofisher business such as mechanical design, physics, electrical design, system engineering and architecture, SW, materials, basic chemistry etc.
- Should demonstrate knowledge of design principles, new product development and change management processes
- Must demonstrate strong knowledge of manufacturing, industrial engineering and knowledge of manufacturing management including workable knowledge of Design for Manufacturability, reliability, quality principles
- Must demonstrate good knowledge of safety and quality systems
- Must exhibit strong personal moral and ethics codex, proactive and overall positive personality and creativity in solving various complex situations in technical and social area. Must be a team player.
- Must possess basic computer skills and clearly demonstrated ability to develop engineering reports, data analysis and presentations using common Microsoft Office applications
- Must demonstrate good communications skills and be able to lead effectively cross functional teams on projects including international and multicultural teams, projects, suppliers and customers
- Must demonstrate fluent English – speech and writing
- Excellent presentation skills to various levels of auditorium
Vlastimila Pecha , Brno 627 00
For more information follow the link.