SOFTWARE INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER (STORAGE, VIRTUALIZATION)
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best.
With revenues of more than $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The R&D Software Engineering Tools and Infrastructure (SETI) team is responsible for supporting all software engineering teams within MSD R&D. We are a global team handling infrastructure, configuration management, software tooling, process automation and developer support for the R&D organization.
- Administration of HW infrastructure (CPU hosts, data storages, backup systems) used for building and testing software product
- Automate and improve the monitoring of the HW infrastructure
- Administer, maintain and ensure the stability of build and test environment
- Continuously assess the infrastructure and virtual environment to meet the demands of SW development
- Develop scripts for automation and software development support
- Collaborate with software development and test teams to understand their needs
- Analyze the root causes of infrastructure related failures in build and test environment
- Collaborate with the global team on improvements
- Someone with a degree in Computer Science or similar (or equivalent experience)
- At least 3 years of working experience with virtualization (VMWare or KVM, Xen)
- Experience with cloud technologies (OpenStack, AWS, Azure, …)
- Very good knowledge of IT Enterprise hardware – storage, CPU clusters, networking
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python, Perl, PowerShell
- Active knowledge of English
What skills are also highly valued, but not required?
- Knowledge of containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Salt Stack, Ansible
- Linux systems administration
- Opportunity to be part of a successful international company specialized in HI TECH
- Interesting compensation package and an extensive package of benefits (insurance, multisport card, relax room, sports and company events)
- Training and development support (language, professional hard/soft skills training)
- Modern work environment
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to
our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally
Contact: Martin Sommer
Vlastimila Pecha , Brno 627 00
+420 730 192 092